Corona Virus Update

Greetings, Ice & Fire Con Fam!
While we are completely aware of the ban that Ohio announced today on gatherings of 100+ people, that ban is currently only being enacted for three weeks. Seeing as we are we are still six weeks out from the con, as of today (Thursday, 3/12), Ice and Fire Con 2020 is still a go for April.

Of course, the safety and health of our attendees and volunteers are a top priority. We have been monitoring and will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation, but at this time we are still cautiously optimistic that we will not have to cancel or postpone Ice & Fire Con 2020. However, we will of course comply with any federal, state, or local restrictions, and have been working on a backup plan should the gathering ban be extended in such a manner that will directly impact our event. Until we receive more information, we are temporarily suspending ticket sales to this year’s event.

Deer Creek has already ordered extra hand sanitizing stations for all common areas. They have always complied with the proper cleaning regulations, but they have also put an even more stringent cleaning process into place for the common areas, conference rooms, and lodging. Additionally, the convention organizers are working to provide as much support as possible in conjunction with Deer Creek in terms of sanitation, to ensure that the convention is the best environment we can make it.
We will of course issue further information if/when we receive any updates. We have immense pride in the thoughtfulness and kindness of the Ice & Fire Con community, and simply ask that you continue to be mindful when posting on social media about this or any further developments, or contacting us with questions (which should be sent via email to Thank you for your understanding.