To our Ice & Fire Con family:
Well, we have some good news and some bad news.
The bad: Due to the newest COVID-19 developments, including the CDC advising against gatherings of 50+ for at least 8 weeks, we have come to the very difficult decision of postponing Ice & Fire Con 2020.
The good: Ice & Fire Con 2020 is rescheduled for October 29 – November 1, which will at the very least make for a Super Special Spooky Skelly Social, perhaps some ASOIAF trick-or-treating, and maybe even a few other Halloween-themed updates to this year’s event!
While we know this isn’t the ideal situation, we also know that we are doing this to ensure the health and safety of everyone involved in the convention. We are working with Deer Creek closely to ensure that these fall dates will be the best we can make them – and as this is Ice & Fire Con, we think that will be pretty darn amazing!
Everyone who purchased a ticket for Ice & Fire Con 2020 will have that ticket automatically commuted to the new dates. If these dates do not work for you reach out to us via email (email@example.com) by April 1st, 2020 to discuss options. We will do our best to respond to any emails we receive within 72 hours, but please keep in mind that we are entirely volunteer-run and many of us are dealing with COVID-19’s effect on our own work and day-to-day lives, so responses might take longer than that.
In regards to your Deer Creek room reservations: Our group sales rep has moved the reservations for anyone who was in our block to the new dates. So if you had, for instance, a bunk room checking in Thursday and checking out Monday of Ice & Fire Con weekend, you have that same room type, rate, and day of the week check in/check out. If you need to change the day of the week that you are checking in or checking out, you can call Deer Creek to do so.
HOWEVER – if you booked your room on the Deer Creek website or with a third-party site such as Expedia, your room was likely NOT in our block and therefore has NOT been moved. If you are not sure whether your room would have been part of our block due to the mode in which you booked, we HIGHLY suggest calling Deer Creek and double checking that it was in fact commuted to the new dates.
Again, thank you all for being so understanding during this hectic and frustrating time.
We hope to see you in October!
-Tara, Ashley, TPow, Chloe, Brian H, Elena, and Andrew